vrijdag 9 september 2016

Goudsche Singelloop

8.02k
Start 18.15



With warm up and cool down to and from the Markt start/finish.


I had a great 7k home turf race this evening. Came past our ark twice and had my own personal cheering station with Klaas and various friends and neighbours, which helped immensely. Have just looked at the results and I was in the top 100 (of 366 women - if we inlude the men I was almost exactly half way in the 770 runners). And if there's been an age division I would have been first in my age group. I didn't see anyone younger than me in the women's list who was faster. Which for me is fair amazing really ;-) So I'm fair chuffed. 
I'm glad now that I didn't get into the 10k and had to do the 7 instead. It started an hour earlier, which meant I could run my race, jog home, collect the chocolate medal the neighbourwummin had got for me, then quickly shower and change and set off with our raft and my supporters to chug up and down the canal watching the 10k racers whilst eating the curry I'd prepared earlier. One of the best evenings I've had in ages. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten